Classes & Events
What you’ll get with APB Dance
Get the benefits of attending a dance class or event
Healthy Body & Mind
Belly dance is low impact, body positive, exercise.
Creative & Fun People
Belly dancing can be done by anyone. Any shape, any size, any age or fitness level!
Lose the gym, gain some fun!
A great alternative to cardio classes at the gym, plus you’ll be ready for that pop-up dance party!
World class international teachers
APB Dance regularly brings international teachers and master instructors to you. Study with some of the world’s best teachers, without needing to take an international flight to do so.
This class is for everyone. Don’t believe me? Let’s see…
- Never ever danced (not even a session of lounge room disco)? Come see what you’ve been missing.
- Been dancing since you were 3yo? Love it, come see what we do.
- Too old (physical or mentally)? Not for this. Discover what you can do any age.
- Can’t run/jog/hate the gym? Us too! That’s why we dance!
- Too fat / thin / got a booty or boobs? Congratulations, you have a body, just like us! Come and see what it can do!
- Introvert? It’s ok, we don’t talk much, we all just want to dance!
- Got kids? Us too. Trust me you deserve this.
- Have 2 left hips / left feet / no coordination? We’ve all been there (seriously!). Belly dancing promotes coordination and positive mental health.
- Human? Yup. It’s an affliction many of us have. Good thing dance is for humans.
DANCE IS FOR EVERYONE!
Comfortable clothes that are easy to move in. Leggings, tracksuit or yoga pants are preferable over skirts so that the teacher can see what you’re doing and help adjust you so you get the best out of the move.
For our in person classes, don’t worry if you don’t have a hip scarf, we have some you can borrow in class!
For online classes, make sure you have about 1.5 sq m around you (front/back and side to side) so you have enough space to move.
For any class:
Yourself. A water bottle. A sense of adventure.
For online classes:
A computer, tablet or mobile phone with internet capability. (Online classes are delivered online via video conferencing software).
After you have purchased your class pass, you will be sent a link to the Zoom Conference via email. This is how we will be connecting up for our live class!
Please connect to the link session 5 minutes before class to ensure you are able to join us in time for the start of class. Mute your microphone during class for the comfort of other students – we will discuss the way to ask questions at the start of each class.
Let me help you peek behind the curtain:
- First, we warm up our bodies and push the day out of our minds.
- Next, we will explore how to move our bodies with some simple repetitions to really help you get the moves.
- Then we do a little combo to put together the moves you just learned to some funky songs.
- Lastly, we do a quick cool down before we return the world.
It’s such a fun class that you’ll want to come back for more!