BELLY DANCING! A great way to learn about your own body!
- Term 3: Mondays from 2nd August (COVID restriction dependent) through to 13th September inclusive (7 week term). Term 3 registrations open now!
- Term 4: Mondays from 11th October through to 13th December (10 week term). Term 4 registration opens 1 September
Time: 7.00 – 8.30pm
Location: Yoga and Dance Studio @ Kindred Studios, 3 Harris St, Yarraville
- $30 casual attendance (registrations required)
- $175 for the full 7 week term (only $25 per class / save 15%!)
- For full term purchases, add on the weekly Zoom class for an additional $5 per week! (Total $210 for the full 7 week term of both classes)
Comfortable clothes that are easy to move in. Leggings, tracksuit or yoga pants are preferable over skirts so that the instructor can see what you’re doing and help adjust you so you get the best out of the move. Don’t worry if you don’t have a hip scarf, we have some you can borrow in class!
Yourself. A water bottle. A sense of adventure.
We generally dance barefoot, but if you have knee issues, we recommend ballet scuffs/slippers or dance shoes.
Note: (Non-dance) sneakers and day shoes are allowed on the studio floors.
As of 20th July, the following rules will be in place during class:
- Masks will be required to be carried at all times and you will be required to wear a mask before/after class and as directed by your instructor.
- If you are unwell, experiencing any symptoms, have been at an exposure site that requires you to isolate, or have had a COVID test but have not received your (negative) results, please do not attend class. Please contact us so that we can pause your class pass while you are unable to attend.
This class is for everyone. Don’t believe me? Let’s see….
- Never ever danced (not even a session of lounge room disco)? Come see what you’ve been missing.
- Done a belly dancing class once a few years ago / got a term of belly dance under your belt? Woo! Come and see what we can do to extend your abilities!
- Been dancing since you were 3yo? Love it, come see what we do.
- Too old (physical or mentally)? Not for this. Discover what you can do any any age.
- Can’t run/jog/hate the gym? Us too! That’s why we dance!
- Too fat / thin / got a booty or boobs? Congratulations, you have a body, just like us! Come and see what it can do!
- Introvert? It’s ok, we don’t talk much, we all just want to dance!
- Got kids? Us too. Trust me you deserve this.
- Have 2 left hips / left feet / no coordination? We’ve all been there (seriously!). Belly dancing promotes coordination and positive mental health.
- Human? Yup. It’s an affliction many of us have. Good thing dance is for humans.
DANCE IS FOR EVERYONE!